Monday, December 5, 2011

What has been on my mind....

Whenever I sit down to blog I always have these great ideas and big expectations for myself. But once I am done with my blog it is nothing like Ally's... You inspire the shizznipps out of me broken-pelvis- woman!

I have noticed that a ton lately. I have put so much pressure on myself. I keep comparing myself to others and telling myself that I need to change and become better....TOMORROW! 
But as we all know, "line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little.
Frustrating, right?!
There are only a few things that are actually in my control, and you know what? Why would I want everything to be in my control?! How stressful would that be? I know I would be more screwed up then I can imagine. With everything that has happened and is happening I have re-realized how blessed I am in my life. Really. Everyone has told me take all that you can get right now because in a few months you are going to have nothing. ha! I am sure it is true, but I feel like Zac and I are so blessed and are going to be. 

  • We both have jobs.
  • We have a running car
  • An apartment with heat and love
  • Food to eat
  • Clothes to wear and
  • families that love both of us and support us in more ways than can be explained or understood.


On my way to work this morning I was feeling blue. Why? NO IDEA! I started to get mad at myself and had this one-on-one conversation with myself,
" WHAT ARE YOU SAD ABOUT KATIE ANNE!"
"You have absolutely nothing to be sad about, mad about, worried about or depressed about."
"I know, but I just feel sad."
"Stop! You are blessed with so much love you shouldn't need anything else!"

It was a very inspirational, motivating talk. It changed my whole day and I had a great, productive day at work. I made some new friends and pushed myself beyond my comfort zone. Did I make some mistakes today, sure did. But I didn't let them pull me down because of something a girl said in relief society that made me stop and go "Woooaaahhhhhh."

"We have to strive in life, especially as women, to not let the "world" speak louder than the spirit."

Think about that... 

So true, huh?

What am I thankful for today? That I have the unconditional love of my future hubby Zachary, my parents, my family and close friends. When it all comes down to it, that's all we need in the end.


P.S ANNOUNCEMENT! 
My life is about to move to the next level!
Now that student teaching is over and I am a working girl (no, not a teaching job...yet) I have had a ton of time to sit and ponder life. Has it been the funnest thing? No, but I have learned a lot about myself in the past two weeks. I feel energized to be better and to LOVE me!

I probably wont blog until after my.... WEDDING! 
whoop whoop. 
I can't wait to finally be Mrs. Zachary Morrell! 
(weird.)




3 comments:

  1. YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED.

    I've been a pro at comparing myself too, but we can't. we're both awesome and you are the b.e.s.t. seriously. dont forget it.

    ps. youre gettttttttttting marrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrried.
    WHOOOOOP!

    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, Buena Vista #1 loves you and we are so excited for you! We'll be thinking about come December 17

    ReplyDelete