Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's Been a Long Time

I know, I have been slacking on my blogging duties. Life has just be nothing but go-go-go. Well, it has, but hasn't at the same time. I have been very busy with school and putting a lot of time and effort into my lessons. I have been teaching my unit for a week now (it's on rocks and minerals) and was observed yesterday. Now, for those of you who do not know Jo Anne Kay she is amazing, tough and loving. She wants us all to succeed, but to succeed at her level. Which is a jump and stretch for most. Yesterday I was determined to get another excellent and a 48. And you know what, I DID! Throughout my whole lesson I felt like everything was going wrong, but it wasn't... surprisingly. The class was learning and enjoying it. Who'da thought! It was a great feeling when I saw the 48. Ally, you're next!

Other than school I have been busy with work (which has turned out to be an even greater blessing than I anticipated for). There are days that I just don't want to go, but there is nothing like spending 4 hours with a woman who is consistently happy. Her perspective and attitude on life is so unique and so positive. I admire all that she has been through to get to where she is at now. She makes me forget all the troubles in my life and I will forever be grateful for that.
I am also greatly grateful for Ally. Probably one of the closest friends I have made since being at school (even though we have only hung out, outside of class, maybe four times). She always has something to say and it is 99% always hilarious! She makes me laugh and makes me think. I don't know if she even knows how much of a blessing she has been to me over the past year.
My roommate Clara is amazing and I am so grateful for her. I am amazed that she has not been swept off her feet by an amazing guy. She is amazing. She is someone I aspire to be like. She is confident in all she does, she doesn't focus on what others think of her, she is HILARIOUS and is always the one who is there when I need someone to just listen. She always knows the right thing to say to me, even though I know she doesn't feel like she does. Without the events of this semester I don't think Clara and I would have become so close. That is one more thing I can be grateful for after all is said and done. I have connected with all of my roommates and love them on their own level.
I have so much to be grateful for. And what stinks about us "humans" is when times get tough or when we want something badly, we forget about all the things we do have. This is something I have been working on. And when I sit down and think, I have so MUCH. I am very blessed in so many more ways that I can mention here on my blog.
Message of the day: Be grateful. Everything in your life is a gift. So don't be rude and show your gratitude.

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say that first: I was going to blog bash today, but your blog has changed my views. Second: you're an ALL STAR. I'm grateful for you. Love you.

    ps. I NEED A 48.

    ReplyDelete