Sunday, August 7, 2011

Last Week

It must be time to go soon cause my planner is starting to get full of stuff to do.
Tomorrow is the beginning of my last week being home for an extended stay.
(at least, I hope so... don't be offended mom and dad)
It is crazy to look back on the past 4 months I have been home. So much has happened!
(my mom and dad may think otherwise with me 'being gone' all the time)
I was fortunate to find two jobs that have not only paid for my tuition, but most of my living expenses. I have spent time on myself and like to think I have come out better than when I went in. I spent time with family. Even if it was just sitting and watching Tv. It is still time spent together. I was able to catch up with old friends and see how life has turned out for them. I have talked to my best friend EVERY WEEK since I got home. Whoop Whoop for us Doobes! I have found things I thought were gone forever and found direction in my life again. I know where I want to go and what I need to do.
I have improved my wardrobe and continue to do so.
I have slept in and laid around all day watching the hills and the city.
(thank you netflix)

Did I read? Sure did! Did I cook every week? Ummm not for the past 2 months. Did I learn how to play the piano? Umm... I can read it, play super slowly AND kind of sound like the right song. Did I invite people to church? Yup... got rejected all 3 times. Even though I didn't accomplish all the things I put on my list fully, I think this time home has been exactly what I needed.

The next couple of months are going to be straight C.R.A.Z.Y. Just thinking about it causes stress in my life. Scared? Sure am. Afraid of change? Always have been.Worried? Duh.
But, if there is only one thing I have learn being home it is to not let the fear of something you know is right stop you from moving forward.
Doubt not, fear not.
Wish me luck with last minute items to do. Good-byes, work and packing. Ugh... packing. And a LONG drive to Utah.
Ally... it's time!

p.s. This is my brother Marc. We have the same birthday. He is a million time more obnoxious than I have ever been. I am going to miss him.... more than he even knows.
Love you Dave!

2 comments:

  1. Ok I'm super jealous that you and ally are going back to utah. It just feels so unnatural for me not to be join y'all for the big move up there for fall. Weird. I'm staying here. not ok.
    Also, everyone does seem to be getting married right?! Crazy. I've heard rumors actually. cough*ally*cough. And I'm not talking about her. Good luck to you in you're last minute moving details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to admit that the drive to Utah wasn't total torture. Watching you sleep and sweat was kinda funny (since you were the one that turned off the AC vents). I loved our time together (at home and in the car and in Utah). Enjoy being near your extended family...it is a gift to have so many people that love you, so close and willing to help with just about anything. Don't forget to check on Tiegen-Owen Sean-Peter! :)

    Bottom line...miss you.

    Mamala de Pooper

    ReplyDelete